General Safety Practices
The following safety instructions have been elaborated to guide and instruct the users of this equipment.
The machine has to be delivered only in perfect conditions of use by the Distributor to the user. The user shall operate the machine only after being well acquainted with the safety procedures described in the present manual. READ THIS MANUAL WITH ATTENTION.
1. Basic Operation Practices
Some areas of this electric device have parts that are connected to high voltage. These parts when touched may cause a severe electrical shock or even be lethal.
Never touch manual commands such as switches, buttons, turning keys and knobs with your hands wearing wet clothes and/or wet shoes. By not following these instructions, the operator could be exposed to the risk of severe electrical shock or even to a lethal situation.
* The operator has to be well familiar with the location of the ON/OFF Switch. This will assure that this Switch is easy to be reached when necessary.
* Before any kind of maintenance or service on the equipment, remove plug from the socket.
* Provide enough space for a comfortable and safe operation, thus avoiding accidents.
* Water or oil on the floor will make it slippery and dangerous. Make sure the floor is well clean and dry.
* Before using any commands (switches, buttons, levers), be sure it is the correct one. In case of doubt, consult this manual.
* Never touch any manual commands (switch, buttons, lever) unadvisedly.
* If any work is to be made by two or more persons, coordination signs will have to be given for each operation step. Every step of the operation shall be taken only if a sign has been made and responded.
* In case of power shortage, immediately switch the machine off.
* Use recommended or equivalent lubricants, oils or greases.
* Avoid mechanical shocks/impacts, once they may cause damages or malfunctioning.
* Avoid contact of water, dirt or dust to the mechanical and electrical components of the IMPORTANT
Carefully read all the INSTRUCTIONS of this manual before turning the machine
ON. Be sure to well understand all the information contained in this manual. If
you have any questions contact your supervisor or your nearest Dealer.
* DO NOT change the standard characteristics of the machine.
* DO NOT remove, tear off or maculate any safety or identification labels. If any labels have been removed or are no longer readable, contact your nearest dealer for replacement.
2. Safety Procedures and Notes before Switching the Machine ON
An electric cord or electric wire with damaged jacket or bad insulation might cause an electrical shock as well as electrical leaks. Before use, check the condition of wires and cord.
Be sure to well understand all the information contained in this manual. Every operation function or procedure has to be thoroughly clear.
Before using any commands (switches, buttons, levers), be sure it is the correct one. In case of doubt, consult this manual.
The electric cord has to be compatible with the power required by the machine.
Cords touching the floor or close to the machine need to be protected against short circuits.
3. Routine Inspection
When checking the tension of belts and chains, DO NOT insert your fingers between the belts and the pulleys and nor between the chain and the gears.
Check the motor and sliding or turning parts of the machine in case of abnormal noise.
Check the tension of belts and chains and replace the set when belts or chains show signs of wearing.
When checking the tension of belts or chains DO NOT insert your fingers between belts and pulleys, nor between the chains and gears.
Do not operate the machine with long hair, which could touch any moving part of the machine. This might lead to a serious accident. Tie your hair up well and/or cover it with a scarf.
Only trained and skilled personnel shall operate this machine.
NEVER operate the machine without any original safety devices, which must always be in perfect conditions.
5. After Finishing the Work
Always TURN THE MACHINE OFF before cleaning, and remove the plug from the socket.
Never clean the machine unless it has come to a complete stop.
Put all the components back to their functional positions before turning the machine ON again.
Do NOT insert your fingers in between belts and pulleys or chains and gears.
Any maintenance with the machine in working situation is dangerous. TURN IT OFF AND UNPLUG IT FROM THE SOCKET DURING ANY KIND OF MAINTENANCE SERVICE.
Electrical or mechanical maintenance has to be undertaken by qualified personnel. The person in charge of maintenance has to be sure that the machine is under TOTAL SAFETY conditions in order to service it.